- The Veyron SS makes 1,184 BHP. The Venom GT makes 1,244 BHP.
- The Veyron SS weighs 1,888 kg. The Venom GT weighs about 1,200 kg (2,743 lbs).
- The Venom GT hit 0-300 km/h (186 MPH) in just 13.63 seconds!
- The last 0-300 km/h record at 14.53 seconds was held by the Koenigsegg Agera R.
- The Hennessey reached 200 MPH in 14.51 seconds, which is also an unofficial record for a production car (unofficial because Guinness only measures speed records in km/h.)
- 0-60 mph can be reached in just 3.05 seconds, if you can make the tires stick. On subsequent tests, the Venom GT reportedly spun after the upshift to second gear and went off into the grass off the runway.
If this is a production car, why is it called a Hennessey Venom GT?!
Just for kicks, we'll have to find out if our project Exige S still qualifies as a production car. If we turn up the boost high enough and hold it there for 13 seconds, we might be able to challenge the Venom GT. At 2,100 lbs vs. the Venom's 2,743, it won't need a 1,244 horsepower twin-turbo Corvette V8 motor either. And I bet you can keep it going in a straight line and even get it to turn well on the track. Maybe a lapped timed contest around Watkins Glen then?
A Lotus Gone Wild: How an A/C Leak Turned into a 400-WHP Monster - Part I
A Lotus Gone Wild: How an A/C Leak Turned into a 400-WHP Monster - Part II
A Lotus Gone Wild: How an A/C Leak Turned into a 400-WHP Monster - Part III
A Lotus Gone Wild: How an A/C Leak Turned into a 400-WHP Monster - Part IV