***Bridgestone RE11A UPDATE***
Launch will be in March 2013
10 sizes 15"- 18"
40 - 45 series
200 AA UTQG
V and W speed rating
New compound designed specifically for autocross with better wear
The Dunlop Direzza has had a cult-like following among track day and autocross junkies. The Rival may be even faster, at least in the dry. And now we get the RE11A claimed to be specifically built for autocross!
Looking at the RE11A, two thoughts come to mind immediately:
- The treadblocks are not quite as big as the Direzza II and Rival's but that's not to say the RE11A won't be faster.
- It has asymmetric design, which will likely make it a good rain tire. Unfortunately, because of this design, we won't be able to swap the tires side to side to even out the wear.
So putting everything together from all available info as of today:
RE11A > RE11
Direzza II > Direzza Star Spec
BFG Rival > Direzza II (unofficial, based on Andy Hollis' test only)
- Which of the 3 new tires will be fastest in the dry?
- Which one will need less heat to get to its optimal performance (good for autocross)?
- Which one will hold the heat best over a full session at the track?
- How will they compare in the rain?
- How will the real-world treadwear compare?
According to the Tireack, the following size will launch on March 22nd:
This is a limited size selection and it's disappointing to see that 255 will be the max width available and that there is only one option for 18" wheels.
Related 2013 Tire Posts:
More Thoughts on Street-Legal Performance Tires from Andy Hollis
Best 2013 Performance Tire Poll
Dunlop Direzza ZII - Onboard Video at the Autocross
Dunlop Direzza ZII - First Driving Impressions
Dunlop Direzza ZII: The Lap Time Comparison We've All Been Waiting for!
BFGoodrich g-Force Rival: The Plot Thickens!
First Dunlop Direzza ZIIs Shipped to Customers!!
Dunlop Star Spec Direzza ZII: A Tire as Exciting as a Date with Scarlet Johansson!